The reason you are here is that you want to find the answer to a popular question: how much do Ford charge to fit parking sensors? Parking sensors are meant for your car so you can trust and rely on them whenever you are trying to park your car in a tight area. However, a lot of modern cars in the market come with already installed parking sensors. But what if you intend to have these parking sensors installed on your older car?
Note that older vehicles do not come with these sensors, this means that adding them would be beneficial to you. Then you would want to ask how much does it cost to install parking sensors? But before answering this question, note that there are many aftermarket parking sensors available in the market for any car.
So if you plan to install parking sensors on your Ford vehicle, you’ll be happy you did because these sensors can help you to safely park your car. Note that when your car is safer, then you’ll be able to drive it longer and keep it in better condition.
Many parking sensor systems currently retail for anywhere from £20 to £200 in the market, but you’ll still have to consider the cost for labor to install the kit. This is why lots of people are asking how much do Ford charges to fit parking sensors? First, you need to understand what parking sensors are and how they work.
What Are Parking Sensors?
For those who don’t know, parking sensors happen to be small sensors that can be installed on the rear and front bumpers of a vehicle which emits ultrasonic waves with the ability to receive them back from an object nearby. The waves will then be transmitted to your car’s interior display system informing you how close or far your vehicle is from a nearby object.
The parking sensors system is what alerts the driver of a nearby object by emitted tone, or beeping noise. Whenever the car gets closer, the tone will become more constant and louder which informs the driver to reverse and park the car in the opposite direction.
But How Do The Parking Sensors Work?
It comes with 4 ultrasonic sensors that are installed into the rear bumper of any vehicle. This means that whenever your car gear is put into reverse, the parking sensors will be activated automatically.
These installed sensors will then make a beeping noise or tone. But the frequency of the beeping noise or tone will increase the more your vehicle gets closer to any surrounding objects.
Whenever the object is about 150cm away to around 30cms close to your car, it will begin to increase in frequency which will then emits a constant beeping tone or noise. There’s also an optional display system on the dashboard that can show you the actual distance in CMs.
What Type Of Parking Sensors Will Fit My Ford?
Before knowing how much do Ford charge to fit parking sensors, there’s a need to know the different types of Ford fiesta rear parking sensors.
1. First is the Parking Cameras
The parking cameras happen to be built into vehicles as an extra part of the system, though cost more. The parking cameras can show all the obstacles the driver might likely come across at the rear of your car. They have usually turned on automatically anytime the vehicle is put into reverse.
But the only disadvantage is that the cameras are a more limited field of vision as you drive on the road. The parking cameras don’t work well when they are dirty, at night, or also in visibly difficult weather.
2. Next is the Electromagnetic Or Radar Sensors
Here is another type of sensor that uses electromagnetic fields in measuring the distance of your vehicle from an obstacle. They are designed with a metal transceiver strip that can generate the electromagnetic field itself. So whenever your car gets close to an object, these sensors will be able to know any change in the field voltage or interruptions in the field.
This type of parking sensor comes with a processor that must interpret the information sent and activate an alarm that is attached inside the car. It is electromagnetic that is most advanced which makes it cost even more.
These electromagnetic sensors can better detect moving obstacles. However, electromagnetic sensors come with their disadvantages. Whenever they are getting close to an object made of nickel, iron, or cobalt, their performance will reduce.
3. The last is the Ultrasonic parking sensors
These types of sensors are known to be the most popular which works via waves. As you know waves can build a rebound effect whenever they observe an obstacle close to your car. So whenever this happens, the car system will send the information to your car which will process them, and then the car will calculate the distance.
Note that these ultrasonic parking sensors can reach a speed of 20 km/h, with a distance of about 5 and 15 metres.
To install these types of parking sensors, then you need to drill into the bumpers. Also, you need about 5 sensors to be installed for them to work well.
The Features Of Parking Sensors
1. They are programmable to ignore tow-bars
2. They come with leading ultrasonic detection technology
3. A color-coded Ford parking sensor simply shows that the sensors will match perfectly with any color of your vehicle.
4. Parking sensors are fast and have an accurate performance
5. They can automatically be activated whenever you change to reverse gear
6. They come with 4 Reverse Sensors and a distance displaying system for a dashboard.
7. The parking sensor comes with an audible beeping tone (though they can be switched off)
The Benefits Of Parking Sensors
1. Parking sensors’ reverse system comes with increased safety which minimizes the risk of being injured, prevents people, objects, kids, and pets.
2. Better confidence because they can allow you to fit into any tight parking area on a busy road.
3. Parking is easier, especially in wet/dark places where visibility is very low
4. Parking sensors help you to avoid costly accidental damage to your vehicle and others.
5. Parking sensors help you to save more time, as installation time is less than an hour for standard cars.
Functionalities To Check Before You Buy Parking Sensors
Whenever you want to purchase a parking sensor for your car, here are a few functionalities to check out:
1. Check out for their coverage and sensitivity
Before asking how much do Ford charge to fit parking sensors, one of the most vital things you have to check in a parking sensor is how they detect obstacles. You can search on Google for the front and rear parking sensors fitted near me to get an idea of shops close to you. But ensure you get two or more sensors, so you can have a wider field of detection for improved sensitivity.
2. Find out how easy they are to install
Whenever it is easy to install a parking sensor, it means that you’ll be able to install them yourself. It means you will benefit more from your new equipment. Although from the description alone, it is hard to know if it’s easy to install parking sensors by yourself. But you can go online for more customer reviews concerning the particular sensor you intend to buy.
3. How long will they last?
Note that before you know how much do Ford charge to fit parking sensors it’s vital you buy a parking sensor that’s built to last. When you get one that will last long, it will save you the stress of doing regular replacement or repair.
4. Check the display system
It might be easy to know how the Ford fiesta parking sensors installation works, but knowing if there’s a display system of the sensor you want to install is vital. This will ensure that it offers helpful feedback via your dash.
Note that some devices use an LED display, while others use audible alerts. However, some certain systems even make use of both methods.
So How Much Do Ford Charge To Fit Parking Sensors?
In case you’re among people who ask how much do Ford charge to fit parking sensors, then note that fitting the sensors won’t cost you an arm and leg. They only cost from £50 to £200 which comes with a 12-month warranty.
Though this price varies by the dealership and also depends on your vehicle type, the parking sensor is installed, and the complexity of the work.
So Does It Take Long To Install Parking Sensor?
No, it only takes about an hour to complete, though depending on the installer. This means that you can come back to pick up your car later while the installation is carried out, or you wait in a cozy reception.
But note that it is recommended to remove large items from your boot before the installation.
Ford Fiesta Parking Sensors Installation
Most modern vehicles come with parking sensors, but because of your budget or the production year of your Ford Fiesta, parking sensors might not be already installed. But this section of the article will help you to know how to install Ford fiesta rear parking sensors.
These sensors will benefit you if you stay in places where parking your car in narrow places is difficult.
Note that the best way to install or perform this task, especially on a fragile model, will be to fit them into your Ford Fiesta bumper. Additionally, it is vital to have some notions in electricity, while some notions in do-it-yourself so that we can contemplate the installation of the kit.
So you must take off your Ford Fiesta bumper for the installation to carry on. But if you don’t feel like doing this installation yourself, please do consult a professional near you. With a professional, the task will take between 1 and 2 hours.
I will have to stick to the guideline for the installation, so here is the summary:
1. Remove the bumper of your Ford Fiesta car if you don’t have access to the inside of it.
2. Examine the best position of the parking sensors to prevent blind spots.
3. Next drill your bumper with the supplied drill bell.
4. Now position the various sensors.
5. You can route the cables to the headlamp area which should contain your reverse light.
6. Make sure you tap the current from the wires so that it connects the parking sensors you’re installing.
7. Once connected, test them all.
Installing Your Parking Sensor On A Ford Fiesta Without Drilling
I guess you’ve known how much do Ford charge to fit parking sensors? But I will show you how to install a sensor on Fiesta, or how to install parking sensors Ford Focus without drilling the sensors.
As discussed earlier, there are three major types of parking sensors, but I will use two for this guide. The ultrasound type of sensors is more vulnerable due to being close to the shocks, while the electromagnetics ones stick behind the bumper. This simply means that they are protected, and don’t affect your bumper in any way, which makes it easy to remove. Note that this type of radar sticks on your fiesta bumper.
To install these types of sensors will be similar to others, but you must stick to the installation guides which you can access when you have some electrical knowledge.
1. Examine the best parking sensor location which can be either behind your car bumper for the electromagnetic parking sensor or the different areas of the ultrasonic sensors.
2. You can get them glued by making use of the box provided to connect them.
3. Once done, test them out.
How Do I Replace Defective Parking Sensors On A Ford Fiesta?
I want to show you how to replace a defective parking sensor on your Ford Fiesta car. In case your vehicle has had a rear collision in the past, and it damaged one of the sensors, then you have to change it to ensure the system still works well. Note that the procedures are very simple, which means you can do it yourself without the need for a professional:
1. Find and buy parking sensor recommended by the manufacturer
2. Then the old backup sensor must be disconnected from the back of the bumper.
3. Now remove the damaged sensor from the vehicle. Note that this stage is very intuitive.
4. Now replace the old sensor with the new one and connect it.
5. Once you’re done, test them to ensure they are working properly.
Before you install a parking sensor, note the following.
1. Purchase parking sensors that cover longer distances. I recommend you buy the one that measures maximum distances to make your parking easier. A good parking sensor should be able to detect objects that are at least 30 cm away.
2. Ensure you have a clear understanding of the type of signal they emit. Find out if it emits visual, sound, or even both.
3. In case you’re going for the one with a sound, make sure it has a clearer sound, but it shouldn’t be too loud and annoying.
4. Whenever you buy a parking sensor that has a visual signal, ensure the display is clear and shouldn’t distract the driver. The parking sensors with LED-type display happens to be the best in the market.
5. Before installing a parking sensor, ensure you understand the exact area you intend to place it. After knowing this, you can install and connect them to the control unit.
Ford Fiesta Rear Parking Sensors
It is a good idea to know about the best Ford fiesta rear parking sensors in the market so you won’t bother yourself much on the popular question people ask, “How much do Ford charge to fit parking sensors”? Below are Ford Fiesta Rear Parking Sensors:
1. The Dolphin DPS400 Reverse Parking Sensors
This is a good brand that produces a variety of signals for drivers and is among the most rated. This is a parking sensor that is best for all vehicle models and is produced in a range of 32 colors that you can choose from.
Though it might be expensive to some, dolphin dps400 reverse parking sensors are one of the best parking sensors in the market. It has a lifetime warranty, which shows that it has good quality.
2. The Shinehome 4 PCS PDC Parking Sensor
One other great parking sensor is the shinehome 4 pcs PDC parking sensor which places its sensors on both the rear and front area of your car. Due to this placement, it becomes easy for the sensors to detect obstacles all around the vehicle, making you avoid accidents. Shinehome 4 pcs PDC parking sensor is compatible with any type of car, and it’s a good way to help you to park well. It comes with a sensor that is very easy to fit on any car.
Shinehome 4 pcs PDC parking sensor is very durable and offers fantastic all-around coverage. It has about four-set sensors and comes with a 12-month warranty. One good thing about it is that you can afFord it. The sensor is a better alternative to other expensive brands if you intend to change your parking sensors.
3. The ZoneTech versatile parking sensor
One of the best Ford fiesta rear parking sensors happens to be the Zone tech vehicle parking sensors. They are very versatile and have a powerful sound system. It has a sensor that informs drivers when it isn’t safe to move by making a loud noise.
The Zone tech vehicle parking sensors inform you of any danger using graphics via an LED screen attached to your dash. It has a LED-colored and bright interface which allows a driver to easily interpret its information.
The Zone tech vehicle parking sensors come with a 7 indicator level light which informs the driver of any obstruction when the vehicle is approaching.
These sensors are very easy to install and can be carried out using its well-detailed manual. It is one of the Ford fiesta rear parking sensors in the UK that is designed with high-quality materials and retailed for below £20.
How Do I Operate A Parking Sensor?
1. You must trust your parking sensors to detect for you all obstacles in your parking area. Remember that sometimes these sensors might not detect flat objects around or those below your car bumper.
2. Make sure the parking sensors on your car bumpers don’t have anything such as dirt or snow while using them.
3. Make sure you pay close attention to the area where you’re parking.
Xvision Parking Sensors Cost
In case you’re among those who are searching for xvision parking sensors fitting instructions or xvision parking sensors cost, then read on. Xvision happens to be the UK’s market leader when it comes to parking sensors systems. They have components that are covered by a 3-year warranty once any Xvision authorized dealer installs it.
Note that Xvision parking sensors can fit in any vehicle. Their sensors can detect solid or non-solid objects. The sensors can detect animals, pedestrians, and low objects within parking areas. This gives drivers peace of mind when parking their cars in busy areas.
However, xvision parking sensors cost you from £11 to £40.
In this guide, I have been able to answer your question “how much do Ford charge to fit parking sensors”? This is for people who want to fit their parking sensors. But you can still do a search on Google for front and rear parking sensors fitted near me, and you will get more answers than expected.
As you may know, parking sensors are worth your investment especially if you have a garage or tight space. Parking sensors help you to get rid of the guesswork even if you’re an expert driver. These sensors will help you save time and your vehicle to last longer. So see parking sensors as a tool you can use to make your life easier.